czwartek, 17 listopada 2022

Berlin Hohenweg. Day 9. Edelhutte to Mayrhofen.

28 July 2017 

1 hr from Edelhutte to Ahornbahn. 

Finally, our adventure with Berlin High Trail came to the end. It had some difficult moments, and perhaps was not as pleasant as Alta Via 1, we had done in 2015. This is definitely a trail for advanced, experienced hikers. They should be well prepared for unpredictable alpine weather. Lucky, the trail sent us off with a nice, sunny day. 

It was time to say good-bye to our friends. 

It was time to say good-bye to the wonderful views of Zillertal Alps. 

It was time to say good-bye to my hiking shoes. They served me well for many years. However, hiking in them soaked, for a few days, created such an odour that keeping them made no sense. 


I thus "had to" buy something "fresh" for myself, and this shirt from Jack Wolfskin fit me perfectly. 


We rewarded ourselves with a lavish meal ...


... including delicious ice-cream ...


... and Apfelkuchen, before boarding our train to Jenbach and Wien. 

Great thanks, Mike! After this adventure I know I can always count on you, even under the most dire circumstances. Thank you for permission to use your photos. 

PR

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz