środa, 23 marca 2022

Ukrainian Relief Effort

 


Responding to the call by the local MLAs - Ed Stelmach and Thomas Lukaszuk - a few members of our club participated in the Ukrainian Relief Effort organized by Polish Canadian Historical Society and other Polish organizations. For myself, I donated my 50-year old backpack along the tent and carromatas. I also donated water filtration systems, binoculars, outdoor survival kit, wound care accessories, metal bottles, socks, shirts, etc. 

It was not easy for me to let go of that backpack as my mother bought it for me in France when I was still in high school. However, I have not used it for many years, acquiring a few of my own. And I thought the yellow color should work well in Ukraine. 


There were already "tons of stuff" donated at the Polish Hall. I hope all these things will find a way to proper people in Ukraine and help this brave nation to win the war and establish a truly free statehood. 


And, all of you may know me from this side already, I didn't miss a chance to snatch a picture with a pretty lady!

Thank you all who donated! It was all so spontaneous that we didn't have a chance to take a photo as a group. If you want, add your pictures to this photostory!

Sława Ukrainie! Glory to Ukraine!

(PR)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz